The steps are essentially the same as when you initially activated your dog's swab; the only difference is that you'll activate using the 14-digit swab code, as opposed to the 7 or 8-digit EM code.
Most genotyping results will be completed in 2-4 weeks from the time we scan your swab at our lab. Completion times may vary for other Embark products.
Please note: Before returning your dog's replacement swab, be sure to activate it in their profile!
To activate your replacement swab:
- Log in to your Embark account.
- Click 'Activate kit' on your dog's profile card.
- On the next page, click 'Don't have an activation code?'.
- Enter the 14-digit swab code (it typically starts with 310 or 312) and click 'Register Swab'.
- Once the swab is activated, follow the steps to return the sample to our lab for processing.
Have questions? Your MyEmbark account includes information about your dog's sample status, your dog's results, and many other helpful resources. Log in to your account here!