Once your patient’s results are ready, we recommend sharing them with your client at the time of your choosing. By sharing ownership of your patient’s DNA profile, both you and your client can have access to a dog’s results.
What information will my client see?
Your patient’s results will reflect that of a Breed + Health kit on your client’s personal Embark account. Therefore, they will have access to:
- Breed ancestry
- Genetic health assessments
- Trait results
- Family Tree & Relative Finder features
They will also be able to complete their dog’s research surveys, download raw genotype data, and edit a dog’s information (such as birthdate, spay/neuter status, etc.).
They will not be able to view or edit your patient’s ID number nor will they have access to your clinic’s Embark account, including your other patients’ results and the specialized veterinary reporting.
How to share ownership of your patient’s DNA profile:
- Logged into your clinic’s Embark account, click on the down arrow on the right side of the patient’s profile.
- From the generated drop-down menu, click “Invite Client to Account”
- Enter the client’s name and email address in the pop-up.
- Click “Send Invite.”
*Please note: If the client’s name and email address were previously entered when creating the patient’s profile, the fields will be filled in automatically.
- If the client has already created an Embark account: They will receive an email from Embark encouraging them to log into their account to view the results.
- If the client has not made an Embark account: They will receive an email from Embark inviting them to create an account to access their dog’s results.
- Once submitted, the “Invite Client to Account” option will update to “Client Invite Pending” with the date the invite was sent.
- Once the client accepts the invitation, “Client Invite Pending” will update to “Client Invite Accepted” with the date of acceptance.
Have questions? Your MyEmbark account includes information about your dog's sample status, your dog's results, and many other helpful resources. Log in to your account here!