In the veterinary hospital setting, there are several methods you can use to encourage genetic testing. We recommend the following:
1. Ask if they've ever done genetic screening before. This can easily be asked when discussing patient history or medical records. Clients can experience exciting features like our Relative Finder and Family Tree, allowing them to get to know their dogs better. And, by working with you to interpret their results, they gain more clinical and actionable insight into the information provided.
- If they have tested with Embark already: Follow these steps to add them to your clinic's dashboard!
- If they have not tested with Embark yet: Encourage them to do so! We recommend highlighting the following: "By screening your dog, we can use the results to be proactive and customize our care to look out for potential diseases they may be genetically at an increased risk of developing."
2. Provide testing options! Clients can DNA test their dogs directly through your clinic, or, now they can test their dogs at home with our Recommend & Review program!
- In-clinic testing: Purchase testing swabs in bulk and store in-clinic to use during patient exams. Add each patient to your clinic's Embark dashboard so you can manage, review, and share these results with each client. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
- At-home testing with Recommend & Review: Clients can purchase their own, discounted kits to use at home while still benefiting the vet clinic in multiple ways. Learn more about this program here.
Genetic testing with the help of a vet clinic provides flexibility for both the clinic and the client. It also allows for low-stress sample collection and a greater ability for all parties to benefit from the experience and the results provided.