Activating your test is one of the most important steps to ensure we accurately and efficiently return your dog's data to you.
*We recommend you activate your test before swabbing your pup and sending us the swab.
If you are a Veterinarian: Please see the following instructions for activating your patient's test kit: Activating Your Patient's Kit
Most genotyping results will be completed in 2-4 weeks from the time we scan your swab at our lab. Completion times may vary for other Embark products.
To get started:
- Log in to your Embark account .
- Click on Activate kit near your dog's name.
- On the next page, enter your 7 or 8-digit EM code. Please note: If your EM code does not work, click on "Don't have an activation code?." You'll then be prompted to enter the 14-digit swab code (it typically starts with 310 or 312) found on the swab tube
What if neither code works? In the very rare scenario where neither the EM code nor the swab code allows you to activate, please contact us immediately to assist with your activation.
- What if neither code works? In the very rare scenario where neither the EM code nor the swab code allows you to activate, please contact us immediately to assist with your activation.
- Once you've entered the code, you'll need to answer a few more questions to complete the activation.
- Please Note! Entering the wrong sex of your dog will cause significant delays in processing.
- Here you will have the opportunity to share relevant health data with us if you'd like.
Forgot to activate it?
If you forgot to activate your kit before mailing the swab to us, please see Whoops! I forgot to activate the kit. What now? for the next steps.
Have questions? Your MyEmbark account includes information about your dog's sample status, your dog's results, and many other helpful resources. Log in to your account here!