Ready to get started and learn more about your dog's DNA? This article will take you through the steps needed to sign up, activate the kit, and return the swab for processing.
- Once you receive the kit, login, or if this is your first time testing with Embark, create your account.
- Activate your kit to your dog’s profile.
- Swab your dog. Collect a sample from the inside of your dog’s cheek with the included swab.
- Mail the swab back to our lab in the postage-paid packaging (International customers will need to add additional postage).
- We'll keep you posted and let you know when the results are ready! We'll notify you as soon as the results are ready for you to view. We'll also send you updates along the way!
How long does it take for the sample to arrive at your lab?
See Returning Your Dog's Sample for more information.
Will the sample expire before it arrives to Embark?
Have no fear about postal delays—once you've closed your DNA collection tube, the liquid inside will stabilize and preserve the saliva sample for 6 months to up to a year in any weather conditions.
How can I track my Embark sample online?
You can track the progress of your sample online by logging into your Embark account.
Please sign in to leave a comment.