Ready to get started and learn more about your dog's DNA? This article will take you through the steps needed to sign up, activate the kit, and return the swab for processing.
- Once you receive the kit, login, or if this is your first time testing with Embark, create your account.
- Activate your kit to your dog’s profile.
- Swab your dog. Collect a sample from the inside of your dog’s cheek with the included swab.
- Mail the swab back to our lab in postage-paid packaging (International customers will need to add additional postage). You can track the progress of your sample online by logging into your Embark account.
- We'll keep you posted, and let you know when the results are ready! We'll notify you as soon as the results are ready for you to view. We'll also send you updates along the way!
Most genotyping results will be completed in 2-4 weeks from the time we scan your swab at our lab. Completion times may vary for other Embark products.
Please note: Once you've closed your DNA collection tube, the liquid inside will preserve the saliva sample for over 6 months (up to a year in) any weather conditions, so have no fear about postal delays.
Have questions? Your MyEmbark account includes information about your dog's sample status, your dog's results, and many other helpful resources. Log in to your account here!