The Breeder kit includes tests for genetic diversity, health conditions, and traits. You can see all our health testing here at https://embarkvet.com/breeders/health/ and our Trait testing at https://embarkvet.com/breeders/traits-list-for-breeders/.
Embark for Breeders includes breed confirmation, an OFA submission report, access to breeder-specific tools and features, and breeder-focused emails and promotions.
Enjoy substantial discounts on Embark’s industry-leading DNA Test designed for breeders. One cheek swab provides access to all genetic tests, results consultation, and advanced tools Matchmaker. Our special tiered pricing for individual Breeder kits can be found here: https://shop.embarkvet.com/products/embark-for-breeders-dog-dna-test-kit
Please note: These quantity-based discounts cannot be combined with any other offer.
There are also packages available for Litters and Breeding Pairs
About the Litter Package
Individual puppy attributes can vary widely, from their genetic COI to clear/carrier/at-risk statuses for various genetic diseases. For some breeds, physical traits do not fully manifest until later in adolescence, after the time by which breeders need to select the puppy they wish to use to continue their breeding lines. Embark’s Litter Package helps address these challenges by providing low-cost DNA tests for each puppy in your litter.
The Litter Package also includes an expert consultation with an Embark breeder specialist. This consultation provides a customized review of your litter’s results and can be used in a variety of ways to help answer questions or inform any decisions you’re considering for your breeding program.
For the puppies being provided to pet homes, this information can be important for the lifelong care of the dog and valuable addition to the package breeders provide new dog owners.
For the puppies you choose to select for future breeding, Embark’s DNA Test results will be useful when considering future dams/sires and planning the future of your breeding lines.
The Litter Package Contains:
- 4+ DNA Test Kits, Maximum 11 DNA Test Kits
- Each Kit is priced at $99
- Expert consultation
- Kits must be used on puppies within the same litter
Each DNA Test included in the litter package includes:
- Risk of genetic health conditions relevant to your breed
- Genetic COI
- Physical traits such as coat color, length, body size, and more
About the Breeding Pair Package
Embark’s Breeding Package is designed to be a useful tool for breeders planning the future of their lines. The package can be used in two different ways:
- With a male/female pair to assess prospective litter attributes.
- With two males or two females to compare and assess test results. This information can help guide potential mate selection and inform on overall breeding program.
The Breeding Package also includes an expert consultation with an Embark breeder specialist. This consultation provides a customized review of the test results, designed to help address either of the topics listed above.
Each Breeding Package Contains:
- 2 DNA Test Kits
- Each test kit priced at $134 ($268 total package price)
- Expert consultation with an Embark breeder specialist
Each DNA Test included in the Breeding Package includes:
- Risk status of genetic health conditions relevant to your breed
- Genetic coefficient of inbreeding (COI)
- Physical traits such as coat color, coat type, body size, and more