Yes, our Results Team can provide parentage analysis, litter consults, estimated COI, and relatedness for any two dogs tested in the Embark database. This is a service for our breeders and pet owners wanting to learn more about their breeding pairs and suspected relatives.
While this is not currently part of our standard reporting, it can be done upon request.
Please note: We will need written permission from all account holders if any of the dogs are not on your MyEmbark account. If one of the dogs is owned by another customer, please include them in your request so we can help ensure all necessary permissions are collected properly and efficiently.
To request this information, please send us the following information using our Contact Us form:
If you own both dogs, please provide:
- Your full name
- Email address used on your Embark account that includes the dogs
- Name of each dog to test as it is listed in your Embark account (not the call name if the profile is under the dog's registered name)
- Swab code or activation code of each dog (preferred but not required)
If someone else owns one of the dogs, you must also:
- Include the other owner's name and email address
- Specify the email address associated with their MyEmbark account that houses the dog's profile.
Due to the time needed to process these requests:
- Requests are limited to up to 10 pairs
- Customers may only submit one request at a time
- Only submit these requests once the results are available for all relevant dogs
- If permission is needed from another owner, please CC them on the email and ask that they Reply-All to that email to give their permission.
- Once we have received all relevant information, as well as permission from both parties (if applicable), the expected turnaround time for COR or COI requests is up to 5 business days. Litter predictions can take longer, depending on the number of pairs.
Parentage Results for Registration
It is a breeder’s responsibility to check with a registry body, such as the AKC, to determine if they will accept Embark’s parentage results. If you need a parentage result to comply with the American Kennel Club requirements, you must test for parentage directly with their organization. The AKC only accepts their own tests at this time. Visit AKC's DNA Profile program for more information: AKC's DNA Profile Program — Get More Information
Should you need further assistance, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you!