Yes - Embark is able to provide parentage analysis, as well as the estimated average COI and relatedness, for any two dogs tested in the Embark database (with written permission from all account holders).
This is not currently part of our standard reporting but can be done upon request at no additional charge.
Please note: We will need written permission from all account holders. So if one of the dog's is owned by another customer, please include them in your request.
How to request this information
Please email us the following information:
- If you own both dogs, please provide:
- Your full name
- Email address used on your Embark account that includes the dogs
- Registered name of each dog to test (not the “call name”)
- Swab code or activation code of each dog (preferred but not required)
- If someone else owns one of the dogs, you must also include in your email:
- Include the other owner on the email via the “CC” field
- Full name of the other owner
- Email address used on the Embark account containing the other dog
- Brief statement asking the other owner to reply-all to confirm the request and provide the registered name and swab or activation code if not already provided.
Parentage Results for Registration
It is a breeder’s responsibility to check with a registration organization to determine if they will accept Embark’s parentage results. If you need a parentage result to comply with the American Kennel Club requirements, you must test for parentage directly with their organization. The AKC only accepts their tests at this time. Visit AKC's DNA Profile program for more information: AKC's DNA Profile Program — Get More Information