Our Breeder tags are an easy way to organize dogs in your My Embark account. For example, you may group your dogs by breed, carriers, or at risk for specific health conditions, puppies from the same litter, BOB winners, current breeding stock, etc. This feature is available to anyone with an Embark for Breeders profile who has activated an Embark for Breeders kit, and is totally customizable - use it as you see fit
The tags you create will only show in your account. If you have a shared dog, the shared user will not be able to see tags that you’ve applied.
Tags can be accessed from 2 places: the My Embark for Breeders Dashboard and the “Manage Tags” page.
My Embark for Breeders Dashboard:
- Select dogs that you would like to add to a tag by clicking on the box in the left corner of a card. Selections will hold if you search for dogs or change pages.
- An “Add Tag” yellow pop up will appear on the right side of your screen once a selection is made.
- Name your tag and describe why you’re grouping these dogs. For example, “Name: June 2021 Litter, Description: Coffee’s 2nd litter.” Both fields are required. Click the “Apply to # Dogs” button to save.
- Your new tag will show on the respective dogs’ cards 🥳 Currently there is no limit to the number of tags that you can apply to a single dog. Tags will only show on dogs within your account. If you have previously shared a dog, shared owners will not be able to see your tags.
- If you’d like to add dog(s) to an existing tag, select additional dog(s) and click “Add Tag”. Click on the “Existing Tag” tab to search for and apply the tag.
- You can use the “Filter Tags” dropdown to select tag(s) that you’ve created. Once filtered, only dogs in the selected group(s) will show on your dashboard. “My Dogs (#)” will change to reflect the number of dogs that match your filter selections. To remove your selections/see more dogs in your account, unselect the tags from the Filter dropdown.
Manage Tags page:
You can add, edit, or delete tags on this page, as well as apply and remove tags from individual dogs.
- Click the “Manage Tags” link located in the sort/filter bar in the My Dogs section of your Embark for Breeders page.
- On the Manage Tags page, you’ll see tags that you have created and the number of dogs in each group.
- If you’d like to add a new tag from this page, click the “Add Tag” button. Fill in your name and description. Once the tag is created, you can add dogs to it or edit the title or description. “Save” any changes you make.
- To remove a dog from an existing tag, click the X next to the dog’s name and “Save.”
- To remove a tag from your account, click the “Delete” button on the respective card. Choose “Delete” to confirm. This will remove the tag from everywhere it appears in your account.
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.