You can learn more about the SODA1 variant and how results should be applied to a breeding program in a breed-specific manner by visiting https://embarkvet.com/breeders/resources/canine-genetics-for-dog-breeders/health-spotlight/dm/
Articles in this section
- What does a "no call" result mean?
- What is a Linkage Test?
- Why are there so many tests for PRA, and what do the results mean for my dog or breeding program?
- Do you test for color dilution alopecia?
- What do the DCM1 and DCM2 results mean for my dog or my breeding program?
- How do I interpret your results and how do I use them to make breeding decisions?
- What does the Degenerative Myelopathy (SOD1A) result mean for my dog or my breeding program?
- What makes a health condition “breed-relevant”?
- How does Embark estimate age?
- In the Health Section, what does it mean for my dog if he or she has zero, one, or two copies of a variant?