At this time, Embark is only able to routinely accept Embark-specific cheek swabs for testing. If you have a unique situation (e.g. the dog you would like to test is deceased or you are not able to collect a cheek swab), please contact us to discuss further.
Articles in this section
- About the Embark for Breeders test kits
- Should I test breeding dogs, their litters, or both?
- Does Embark offer genetic counseling?
- Can you use other types of samples, such as dewclaws, semen, or hair, to test my dog?
- What’s the difference between the Breed ID kit, the Breed + Health kit, and the Purebred kit?
- What's the difference between the Embark for Breeders kit and the Breed + Health kit or Purebred kit?
- What's included in a Health upgrade?
- Can I upgrade my Breed ID test kit to include Health & Traits?
- My dog is pregnant, in heat, taking medication, or is otherwise not normal. Will this affect the results?
- Does Embark require a blood sample?