At this time, Embark is only able to routinely accept Embark-specific cheek swabs for testing. If you have a unique situation (e.g. the dog you would like to test is deceased or you are not able to collect a cheek swab), please contact us to discuss our non-routine testing options, cost, and turnaround time.
Articles in this section
- About the Embark for Breeders kits
- Should I test breeding dogs or litters?
- Does Embark offer genetic counseling?
- Can you use other types of samples, such as dewclaws, semen, or hair, to test my dog?
- What’s the difference between your Breed ID and Breed + Health kits?
- What's the difference between the Embark for Breeders kit and the Breed + Health kit
- What do I get by upgrading?
- Why does upgrading after buying a Breed Identification Kit cost more than a Breed + Health Kit?
- My dog is pregnant, in heat, taking medication, or is otherwise not normal. Will this affect the results?
- Does Embark require a blood sample?