First, make sure Matchmaker is available for your dog's breed.
If Matchmaker is available, your dog needs to meet the following criteria in order to appear:
- The dog must have been DNA tested using an Embark for Breeders DNA test.
- The dog must be registered to an Embark account with a Breeder Profile
- The dog must be marked as intact on his or her profile.
- The owner must have opted in to the Matchmaker tool.
- Breed Results must be set to "Public."
If you're a co-owner, you must also be added as Shared Owner for that dog.
I know there are more dogs of my breed that have been Embarked, why do I not see these dogs in Matchmaker?
It may be because those dogs don't meet the above criteria. If you have any questions about a specific dog, we recommend that you reach out to the owner.
The owner can also contact us for help opting their dogs into Matchmaker.