The Matchmaker tool is available for select breeds (breeds that have access to Matchmaker are listed below). Building a useful and effective Matchmaker tool relies on numerous factors. Some of these factors include;
- The number of intact dogs of a single breed tested with Embark.
- Concordance between registries.
- Closed stud books, and the establishment of a defined and identifiable breed signature.
- Input from the breeding community on the health risks and coat color/trait tests that are most desired in such a tool.
While we are not able to provide you with a timeline as to if or when a specific breed will meet the criteria, we do encourage breeders to continue to test with an Embark for Breeders DNA test kit, to continue to help build a diverse pool of potential mating candidates in the future, should the tool become available for your breed.
What if my breed does NOT have Matchmaker access yet?
If your breed does not yet have Matchmaker access, we can still assist with litter predictions, relatedness calculations, and expected coat color/traits outcomes for your breeding dogs.
Please see Do you offer parentage testing? Can you provide the estimated average COI and relatedness (COR)? for instructions on how to make this request.
Breeds Currently Participating in Matchmaker:
The following breeds currently have access to Matchmaker:
|A - F||G - Z|
|Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog||German Shepherd Dog|
|Alaskan Malamute||Golden Retriever|
|Australian Cattle Dog||Great Dane|
|Australian Shepherd||Great Pyrenees|
|Bearded Collie||Miniature Schnauzer|
|Belgian Laekenois||Norwich Terrier|
|Belgian Malinois||Old English Sheepdog|
|Belgian Shepherd||Pembroke Welsh Corgi|
|Bernese Mountain Dog||Shetland Sheepdog|
|Black Russian Terrier||Shih Tzu|
|Border Collie||Siberian Husky|
|Cane Corso||Spinone Italiano|
|Cavalier King Charles Spaniel||Stabyhoun|
|Chihuahua||West Highland Terrier|
|Chinese Sharpei||Yorkshire Terrier|
|English Springer Spaniel|
Should you need further assistance, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you!
- How do I opt in or out of Matchmaker?
- How do I enable the distance filter in Matchmaker?
- Why isn't my dog showing up in Matchmaker?
- What is Matchmaker and how to access it?
- How to edit the information shared in Matchmaker?
- How do I use the Matchmaker tool?
- How can I contact another breeder about their dog?