Distant relatives can have very different breed mixes since they are usually only related through one of the breeds in the mix (possibly a trace breed!). Even close relatives like first cousins are likely to have very distinct breed mixes, although ancestry results for full siblings should generally be similar (although not identical since there is randomness in how chromosomes are inherited).
Articles in this section
- Why do Breeder kits not have access to Relative Finder?
- How do I add Fun Facts to my dog's Relative page?
- What does it mean when you say ‘as related as human’ relatives?
- Why is the breed mix between my dog and his or her relative so different?
- Will I see my dog's parents and litter mates in Relative Finder?
- Can I reach out to my pup’s DNA Relatives ?
- How do I access Relative Finder?