In the veterinary hospital setting, there are several methods but two very common places to start include finding out if they have done testing before, and the initial recommendation in the exam room while obtaining the patient's history.
- When asking for patient records a simple approach to take is to ask the owner if they have genetic testing records to provide.
- If Yes: Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to have their Embark records added to your clinic’s dashboard!
- If No: Make a note of this to discuss during intake at their upcoming visit
- When discussing genetic testing, this can be done in a laboratory context or when discussing preventatives.
- Oftentimes it is as simple as saying, “By genetically screening Bella, we can be proactive if anything arises down the road."