There's no cost too great for more time with a best friend.
Embark tests every dog for over 160 mutations associated with genetic diseases, including MDR1 Drug Sensitivity, Hyperuricosuria & Uricemia, Progressive Retinal Atrophy (several forms), Dilated Cardiomyopathy, Exercise Induced Collapse, Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency, multiple coagulopathies, and Imerslund-Grasbeck Syndrome (selective cobalamin malabsorption). All of these may not be apparent on routine blood work or physical examination but could have a substantial impact on common things such as spay and neuter surgery, exercise, and growth curve.
- Our most accurate breed composition informs you of what other complex and unmapped diseases might be on the horizon.
- Embark is actively running studies in collaboration with non-profit organizations as well as breeders, clients, and veterinarians: Wouldn’t you like a better way to test for/know predisposition for food allergy, hip dysplasia, epilepsy, and cancer?
- Embark always provides complementary genetic counseling, as well as excellent general customer service.
- Tests ordered through a veterinary hospital account have results only released directly to veterinarians (as the owner of the account).
- We never give direct treatment advice and always recommend consulting with a veterinarian to discuss follow-up testing and treatment options.
Please message us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions and for pricing and ordering information.