There's no cost too great for more time with a best friend
Embark tests every dog for over 160 mutations for genetically inherited diseases, including MDR1 Drug Sensitivity, Hyperuricosuria & Uricemia, Progressive Retinal Atrophy (several forms), Dilated Cardiomyopathy, Exercise Induced Collapse, Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency, multiple coagulopathies, and Imerslund-Grasbeck Syndrome (selective cobalamin malabsorption). All of these may not be apparent on routine blood work or physical examination but could have a big impact on common things such as spay and neuter surgery, exercise, and growth curve.
– Our most accurate breed composition informs you of what other complex and unmapped diseases might be on the horizon.
– Embark is actively running studies in collaboration with non-profit organizations as well as breeders, clients, and veterinarians.
– Wouldn’t you like a better way to test for/know predisposition for food allergy, hip dysplasia, epilepsy, and cancer?
– Embark always provides complementary genetic counseling, as well as excellent general customer service.
– Tests ordered through a veterinary hospital account have results only released directly to veterinarians (as the owner of the account).
– We never give direct treatment advice and always recommend consulting with a veterinarian to discuss follow-up testing and treatment options.
– Some insurance plans will cover/subsidize the cost of an Embark test. Currently, there is no need to disclose the results to the insurance company unless a claim is made.